Dental crowns are also known as caps because they are designed to completely cover individual teeth. Crowns are often used to protect, strengthen, and enhance the beauty of your teeth. The crown entirely encases the tooth to restore it to its original shape, structure, and size. Dental crowns are very versatile restorations and can be used for a number of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Our knowledgeable dentist, Dr. BJ Showman, may recommend dental crowns in Cleveland, Ohio, to:
- Improve the appearance of your smile
- Complete a dental implant
- Protect a tooth that has received root canal therapy
- Restore a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- Attach a dental bridge
- Strengthen a tooth that is cracked or weakened
- Support a large filling if little original tooth structure remains
Crowns are often created using tooth-colored materials, such as porcelain and composite resin, for a more natural-looking smile. In most cases, your custom crown can be placed in just two visits to our comfortable dental office.
To learn more about crowns, cosmetic dentistry, and how we provide “Tender Care for Terrified Teeth,” please call 216-241-4303 or visit Downtown Dental Associates soon. We are dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that you love!